Friday, January 7, 2011

Meet Moshe!





What a whirlwind the last couple of months have been. We didn't even have a moment to update our very out-of-date blog! It's a long story, so here are the highlights...

Wednesday, October 27- Get a call from our agency saying that we need to fly to Rwanda on Sunday. (yes- that was 4 days notice!)

Tuesday, November 2- Arrive in Kigali, Rwanda.

Wednesday, November 17- Meet Moshe for the first time!

Thursday, November 18- Moshe is officially ours!

Tuesday, November 23- Fly to Ethiopia to finish the visa process.

Wednesday, December 1- Arrive home!

We were home for a couple of weeks and then we traveled up to northern California for Moshe's first Christmas with our family. Now we are home and ready to take on 2011 (at least I think we are!)

Moshe (pronounced "Mo-shay") is Hebrew for Moses. His middle name is Hakizimana ("Hawk-ee-zi-ma-na") is Kinyarwanda for "God Saves." He is 2 1/2 and an absolute joy. Emma and Abby are wonderful big sisters and a huge help to us.

Thank you to all who supported us through this whole process. This has definitely been a “group effort” and we couldn’t have done it without your love, prayers and support. You are all apart of this miracle and God has used you in a special way. God bless you all!
Our Referral Letter!! Meeting Moshe for the first time



Thanksgiving in Ethiopia!




5 comments:

JenDockery said...

OH I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

I'm so excited to see children coming home. He is so adorable!!

I don't think I could say congratulations enough!!

We are also adopting from Rwanda. I'm so happy to finally see some concrete evidence of movement.

Anonymous said...

He's very handsome and looks so happy:) Congratulations to you and your family and thank you for sharing this. Is it very encouraging to us as we wait. Our very best wishes to your family.

Klappyanne said...

SO. COOL.

Vanderpool days said...

Congrats!! I can't help but cry when I see his sweet face and think about my little one. We requested either gender up to age 3 and every time I pray, I picture a little 2 1/2 or 3 yr old boy. But who knows!! God's blessings to your family!!

Vicki said...

Congrats to you! He is beautiful. We are a fellow Rwanda adopting family. I have a question. Why were you only given 4 days notice to travel? Is that common? Thanks for any insight! :)

Vicki